Alcohol, drugs and substance misuse
Bracknell Forest’s Drug and Alcohol Action Team (DAAT) are committed to making sure that any local resident with a substance problem can access support. There are a number of services available to adults and young people who are affected by drugs and/or alcohol.
New Hope provides a range of substance misuse services under one roof to anyone aged 18 and over who live in Bracknell Forest.
- Aftercare support program
- Assistance with benefit claims
- Blood borne virus advice and vaccination program
- Community care assessments
- Criminal justice worker
- Dual diagnosis
- Harm reduction
- Housing advice
- Life skills
- Low level community support
- Rapid prescribing
- Referral into Tier 4 services (in-patient treatment)
- Relapse prevention
- Self referral
- Single point of contact for professional referrals
- Structured day care
These services are aimed at people who use drugs or have recently stopped using drugs and want to address their substance misuse.
How can I access New Hope?
New Hope is the first point of contact for all substance misuse services in Bracknell Forest. Self referrals can be made by either phoning us on the number on the right or by attending one of the following drop-in sessions at Units 16/17, Market Street, Bracknell:
- Tuesday - 4pm to 7pm
- Friday - 10am to 12:30pm
There is no need to make an appointment for a drop-in session. You will be seen by a worker who can provide advice, information, further appointments and referrals to specialist services.
The needle exchange service provides clean injecting equipment and safe disposal of used equipment to anyone who is injecting.
Packs contain swabs, condoms and information leaflets, a personal sharps bin, needles and syringes.
'1ml' and '2ml' packs are available for injecting into the vein.
'Steroid' packs are also available for injecting into the muscle.
The pharmacists will only ask the clients for statistical details. This is used to keep a record of how well the scheme is running and in planning a more effective service.
Services in the Bracknell Forest area who operate the Needle Exchange are:
- Lloyds Pharmacy, 6 Great Hollands Square, Bracknell RG12 8UX
- Boots Pharmacy, 5 The Square, Harmanswater, Bracknell RG12 9LP
- Lloyds Pharmacy, 12 Dukes Ride, Crowthorne RG45 6LT
- Manichem Pharmacy, 3 Bullbrook Row, Bracknell RG12 2NL
- Boots Pharmacy, 13 Princess Square, Bracknell RG12 1LS