Anti social behaviour

Anti social behaviour can be defined as behaviour which causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to one or more persons in another household. It also includes fear of crime or concern for public safety, public disorder or public nuisance.

No one should simply have to put up with or live in fear of anti social behaviour.

How to report anti social behaviour

The council

To report any of the following types of anti social behaviour, please use our online forms (provided below where available) or contact Customer Services:

Please use the report anti social behaviour form to report anti social behaviour if you are experiencing continuous and persistent nuisance behaviours. Some examples include:

  • rowdy behaviour (shouting/swearing/fighting)
  • verbal abuse
  • intimidating behaviour
  • abusive behaviour aimed at causing distress or fear

Crime and serious incidents of anti social behaviour, where you fear for your own or another's safety, should be reported to Thames Valley Police on 101. In an emergency dial 999.

Council tenants / Housing association tenants

If you are a council or housing association tenant and experience or are aware of any anti social behaviour, in the first instance you should contact your housing officer who may be able to help you deal with the matter in the appropriate way.

Examples of incidents to report include:

  • animal care or control issues
  • domestic violence / abuse
  • car repairs in gardens or communal areas
  • harassment
  • inappropriate ball games
  • inconsiderate parking
  • neighbour disputes
  • noise problems
  • substance misuse
  • racial abuse
  • unauthorised or inappropriate use of property or gardens
  • vandalism

The Police

Serious incidents of anti social behaviour should be reported to the Police on the Thames Valley Police non-emergency number 101.
If a crime is in progress at the time of the call or someone is in immediate danger please call 999. You should always ask for a reference number.

Examples of incidents to report include:

  • begging
  • premises used for drug purposes
  • criminal damage
  • disorderly behaviour – such as shouting, swearing, drunken, threatening behaviour
  • domestic violence / abuse
  • driving at excessive speed / dangerous driving
  • drug/substance misuse (taking or dealing)
  • harassment/intimidation
  • hate crimes – racist/homophobic
  • inappropriate use of motorcycles/bicycles
  • inconsiderate parking on the street
  • kerb crawling
  • malicious calls
  • prostitution
  • road rage
  • sex acts in public places
  • violence / threat of violence

Please note that the Police will assess the urgency of the response required for each call they receive. You will not necessarily receive an immediate response, and for some cases an appointment may be necessary to speak with a Police Officer. However, in an emergency where a crime is in progress your call will receive urgent attention.

Resolving anti social behaviour

The council works in partnership with the Police and other agencies to tackle problems using different anti social behaviour enforcement tools.

Please note Bracknell Forest Council will not get involved with civil matters. If appropriate we can use independent trained mediators to help resolve a problem such as a neighbour dispute.

Was this page useful?

Yes No

Thank you. You can provide further feedback on this page using our feedback form.