The council is committed to ensuring that benefit is only paid to people who are entitled to it.
Housing benefit fraud
If you know of someone who you think may be committing housing benefit fraud you can:
- report it online at GOV.UK
- phone the National Benefit Fraud helpline (lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm)
- telephone: 0800 854 440
- text phone: 0800 320 0512
- write to NBFH, PO Box 224, Preston, PR1 1GP
Council tax reduction scheme fraud
If you know of someone who you think may be committing council tax reduction scheme fraud you can:
- report it using our online council tax reduction fraud report form
- phone us on 0800 590437
Please give us as much information as you can, even if you think it might not be important.