Berkshire Business Continuity Forum
The Berkshire Business Continuity Forum (BBCF) was founded several years ago with the aim of raising awareness of business continuity and wider resilience issues to local organisations in Berkshire.
The group has gone through periods of activity as well as quieter times. During the spring of 2015 a small group of members co opted as a lead team and decided to give it a kick start. The volunteers are involved in and have experience of business continuity in some way, shape or form, and all give their time and contributions for free.
We are here for you. Our meetings are held locally and are informal and relaxed. Tea and coffee (and usually biscuits) are provided. So come along to a meeting and mix with your fellow professionals. Whether you are a sole trader or large company rep there will be like-minded individuals who can share their business continuity experiences. These may just be useful in helping you survive a crisis.
Over the years we have organised and delivered a number of events. We have held events focusing on threats and vulnerabilities in the Thames Valley as well as winter resilience planning:
- BBCF October 2016 agenda (PDF, 300kb)
- Fighting cyber crime (PDF, 2172kb)
- Cyber security (PDF, 5074kb)
- BBCF May agenda (PDF, 104kb)
- Business impact analysis BIA masterclass (PDF, 936kb)
- BCI update for Berkshire forum May 2016 (PDF, 316kb)
January 2016 - Project Griffin
- Counter terrorism protective security advice for commercial centres (PDF, 1225kb)
- BBCF responding to deliberate attack (PDF, 283kb)
- National Counter Terrorism Security Office (NaCTSO) guidance note 2
- NaCTSO guidance note 3 (PDF, 432kb)
- Response escalation (PDF, 207kb)
- Run Hide Tell (PDF, 250kb)
- Project Griffin flyer (PDF, 256kb)
- BBCF agenda (PDF, 211kb)
- Planning for winter resilience - Local Authority presentation (PDF, 721kb)
- Berkshire Business Continuity Met Office presentation (PDF, 2541kb)
- Preparing for winter by Environment Agency (PDF, 1536kb)
- Planning for winter resilience summary (PDF, 348kb)
Membership of the BBCF is free. If you would like to be added to the mailing list and attend events which are great networking opportunities then please do fill in the enquiry form. You can also join in discussion via the LinkedIn community.
Please keep an eye out for future events or if you have any ideas for topics, or can suggest speakers or venues then please do get in contact.