Bracknell half marathon
Update - 15 April 2015 - closing date for entries extended
There are still a few places left for the 2015 Bracknell half marathon, so the organisers have decided to extend the closing date until 30 April, unless the race sells out in the meantime.
The names of runners entering after the original closing date of 20 April will not appear in the race programme, but race packs will still be posted out up to and including entries made by 30 April.
All race packs will be posted out by second class post approximately 10 days before the race.
The race will take place on Sunday 10 May starting and finishing at South Hill Park Arts Centre in Bracknell.
The entry fee for 2015 is £22, with all finishers receiving a commemorative medal, technical tee shirt and a goody bag.
How to enter
There are two ways to enter the race. Runners can enter online or by downloading an entry form and posting it to the race office with a cheque for the correct amount.
The race has sold out for the last 8 years, to avoid disappointment so please enter early.
The race is on Sunday 10 May and will start promptly at 9am in front of South Hill Park Arts Centre. Race packs will be posted out approximately ten days before the event. The organisers will let you know when the packs are on the way. Please do not contact the office about missing runners packs until a few days after they have been sent out.
New for 2015
The race organisers are always looking for ways to improve the race day experience and the 2015 event is no different. We have listened to feedback from runners and have been able to make the following improvements:
- The runners said, 'It’s a long way between the water station at Harmanswater and the finish at South Hill Park'
- The organisers have responded by putting in an extra water station outside the Hilton Hotel at 11.8 miles .
- The runners said, 'Traffic turning onto Longhill Road from Lily Hill Road comes out of a blind spot'
- The organisers have responded by adding an extra traffic management point at the junction.
- The runners said, 'There are no prizes specifically for older runners'
- The organisers have responded by introducing additional prizes for the first Mens Veteran 50 years plus, the first Mens Veteran 60 years plus, the first Ladies Veteran 45 years plus and the first Ladies Veteran 55 years plus on top of the existing prize structure.
Runners wishing to take part in the race must have reached their 17th birthday on or before the date of the race. Entry fees are non-refundable in any circumstance. The organisers will not be operating any form of waiting list, deferral system or number exchange. There will not be any entries on the day.
Official race charity
The official race charity for 2015 is the Pancreatic Cancer Research Fund, which is also the Bracknell Forest Mayor's chosen charity for his mayoral year. Runners are asked to support this charity wherever possible and will have the opportunity to donate through the race online entry form.
For general enquiries about the 2015 Bracknell Half Marathon please contact the organisers using our enquiry form.