Building control - view applications
Important notice - Friday 26 May
There will be interruptions to the online register on Friday 26 May between midday and 2pm while maintenance work is carried out. Please do not submit comments on planning applications during this time. We apologise for the inconvenience.
You must tick the box and click on the button to confirm that you have read, understood and agree to the copyright and other limitations before you will be allowed to view the online register.
What we provide with the service
This online service allows you to:
- search for building regulation applications by a variety of criteria such as address, date and type
- view details of applications such as dates of plans approval and completions.
- view properties and applications on a map
- view documents related to applications
Limitations of the system and its use
The online register provides a live link to the Planning Department database and it has the current limitations:
- the service may be unavailable between 5am and 6am on Tuesdays to allow for routine maintenance.
- records containing basic information are available online back to 1948
- the online records contained within the site at present are incomplete and must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal land charges search - no responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the history information obtained from this system
- similarly, the information contained within the online register does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a building regulation decision and, as such, any actions taken as a result of information displayed on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewer’s own risk
- under normal circumstances the information associated with new building regulation applications can be viewed within 1 working day of receipt of a valid application
Plans, drawings and material submitted to the council are protected by the Copyright Acts (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only use material that is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes; to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Ordnance Survey maps are reproduced from Ordnance Survey material with the permission of Ordnance Survey on behalf of the Controller of Her Majesty’s Stationery Office © Crown copyright. LA100019488. Unauthorised reproduction infringes Crown copyright and may lead to prosecution or civil proceedings.