Challenging your parking fine
To challenge your fine select the option below that applies to you:
I have not received a Notice to Owner (NTO) form
- the PCN can be informally challenged within 28 days
- and if you think you should not have to pay the penalty you can use the PCN informal challenge form to tell us why
- verbal or telephone challenges will not be accepted
- Indigo UK, the council's contractor, will either accept or reject a challenge and inform you in writing
- and if you do not challenge PCN or pay the charge within 28 days (from date of issue), you will receive a Notice to Owner explaining the next stage.
Please note that the charge is discounted if paid within 14 days.
I have received a Notice to Owner (NTO) form
If after 28 days the PCN remains unpaid, or if a balance is outstanding, a Notice to Owner form will be sent to the registered keeper of the vehicle. On receiving a Notice to Owner, there are two options:
- pay the PCN
- make a formal representation using the NTO form you have been sent or by completing the online formal representation form