Changing schools mid-year

Parents and carers who wish to change their child’s school in the middle of a school year need to apply to the local authority for the new school year.

Please see list of Bracknell Forest schools to check if the school you wish to apply for is within the Bracknell Forest local authority.

For full information on changing your child's school mid-year read the PDF file downloadguide to in-year applications 2016 to 2017 (PDF, 1659kb)

Waiting lists

If we are unable to offer your child a school place then their name will be held on a waiting list for the academic year for which you have applied.

If you have been refused a place for Ranelagh you must contact the school directly for details on how to have your child’s name placed on the waiting list.

Appeals and transport

If you have been refused a school place then you have the right to appeal against that decision. PDF file downloadReasons for refusal of a school place (PDF, 34kb) will give you further information on this.

You may also be able to apply for education transport. For further information you should refer to the mainstream education transport policy.

Application forms

Moving here from abroad

You and your child must be living on a day to day basis in the UK before an application will be accepted. Service families only require a posting order or should speak to a member of the school admissions team about their application.

Was this page useful?

Yes No

Thank you. You can provide further feedback on this page using our feedback form.