Chaperone service

A child taking part in a performance, which can include television or filming, theatre, sporting activities or modelling, will require chaperoning. Chaperones are licensed by the Local Authority.

How to apply to become a chaperone

You will need to complete an PDF file downloadapplication form to act as a chaperone (PDF, 48kb) as well as completing an online application and payment to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (formerly CRB). Please contact the child employment office for information on how to access the DBS online system and process.

Once the application has been approved the licence is valid for three years. The council will hold the person’s details but they are not employed by the council, nor will the council find them work or recommend them to any prospective employer.

The council will respond to any enquiry from prospective employers by supplying details of all persons licensed as a Chaperone.   

Was this page useful?

Yes No

Thank you. You can provide further feedback on this page using our feedback form.