Children’s centres provide activities for under 5s and support and information for their families. They host services from a range of professionals depending on local need and parental choice.
Bracknell Forest children's centres
Following is a list of the children's centres and the communities they serve:
- The Rowans and Sycamores based on the site of Fox Hill Primary School serving the communities of Easthampstead, Wildridings Crown Wood, Harmans Water, Forest Park and Martins Heron
- The Oaks and Hollies based on the site of Great Hollands School serving the communities of Great Hollands, Wooden Hill, Jennett’s Park, Birch Hill, Hanworth, Amen Corner, Binfield and Farley Wood
- The Willows and Maples based at Priestwood Youth Centre serving the communities of Priestwood, Bullbrook, Bracknell Town Centre, Winkfield, Warfield, North Ascot and Cranbourne
- The Alders and Chestnuts based on the site of College Town Infant and Junior Schools serving the communities of Sandhurst, Owlsmoor, College Town, Crowthorne, Little Sandhurst and New Scotland Hill
Types of services available
Please see below for a list of the typical services available at the children's centres:
- activities for under 5s
- antenatal and post natal advice and support for parents and carers
- family support and parental outreach
- healthy child programme
- information and guidance on breast feeding, hygiene, nutrition and safety
- promoting positive mental health and emotional well-being
- speech and language and other specialist support
- support for healthy lifestyles
- help in stopping smoking
- cultural support groups for families
- links with Jobcentre Plus
- information and advice on childcare and activities for young people
- links with local registered childminders
- Information and advice on e-safety
Find out what’s going on at your local children’s centre and come along to join us.
Children's centre advisory boards
Please see our information pack for members of children's centres advisory boards (PDF, 1438kb) for further information on our advisory boards.
Are you interested in becoming more involved with your children's centre or already decided to become an advisory board member? Please see the children's advisory board - e-learning package to find out more.