Community response and reablement

You may be entitled to help and support if you need help at home because:

  • you have become unwell
  • you will need to go to hospital if you do not receive help
  • you suffer from a condition that makes it difficult for you to cope at home
  • you or the people who normally support you, are struggling to manage your care needs
  • you have recently been discharged from hospital or will be going into hospital
  • you want to stay at home and try and be more independent
Please call the community response and reablement team in adult social care. You may then receive an assessment by an occupational therapist, physiotherapist or social worker, or a joint assessment depending on your needs.

Depending on the outcome of the assessment and your own goals and preferences, you may be provided with:

  • equipment in your own home
  • a short period of community support in your home
  • a short period of support in our intermediate care centre
  • an exercise programme to help with your rehabilitation

If you are entitled to intermediate care, this will be a free service for a maximum of six weeks.

Otherwise, or at the end of a period of intermediate care you will receive an assessment of support to help you manage your care.

Was this page useful?

Yes No

Thank you. You can provide further feedback on this page using our feedback form.