Community response and reablement
You may be entitled to help and support if you need help at home because:
- you have become unwell
- you will need to go to hospital if you do not receive help
- you suffer from a condition that makes it difficult for you to cope at home
- you or the people who normally support you, are struggling to manage your care needs
- you have recently been discharged from hospital or will be going into hospital
- you want to stay at home and try and be more independent
Depending on the outcome of the assessment and your own goals and preferences, you may be provided with:
- equipment in your own home
- a short period of community support in your home
- a short period of support in our intermediate care centre
- an exercise programme to help with your rehabilitation
If you are entitled to intermediate care, this will be a free service for a maximum of six weeks.
Otherwise, or at the end of a period of intermediate care you will receive an assessment of support to help you manage your care.