For a full list of Take Pride litter busting and hands-on conservation activities see the latest parks and countryside events programme.
There are all sorts of ways that you can make a difference and help nature flourish in the Bracknell area. It doesn’t matter how much or how little time you have to spare; conservation volunteering is a practical way for you to protect the environment you care about.
A wide range of practical conservation activities is available for you to get involved with through initiatives such as Take Pride and by getting in touch with local volunteer groups. Activities include:
- practical conservation work such as pond clearance, coppicing, hedge laying, scrub clearance and tree planting
- creating new wildlife features such as hedgerows and stag beetle loggeries
- improving access to the countryside by building and managing footpaths and footbridges
- helping local volunteer groups with office administration, running publicity stalls, raising funds and organising events
- surveying and monitoring wildlife and habitats
You benefit too
Practical conservation is an excellent way of getting fit and feeling good physically. You will also meet new people and develop useful skills. In today’s job market, volunteering is becoming an increasingly valuable stepping stone to a future career.