Disabled people - parking permits - blue badge
How to apply for a badge?
You can apply in the following ways:
- complete the GOV.UK online form
- print, complete and post the blue badge application form (PDF, 373kb)
- complete the request a blue badge application form and the appropriate forms will then be sent to you by post
Blue Badge Administration
Bracknell Forest Council
Adult Social Care, Health & Housing
Tel: 01344 351464
Alternatively, you can call into Time Square to pick up an application form.
Please contact 01344 351464 for all Organisational applications and enquiries during office hours.
Who is eligible for a badge?
Type one: ‘eligible without further assessment’
People who may be issued with a badge without further assessment are those who are more than two years old and fall within one or more of the following descriptions:
- receives the higher rate mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- receives 8 or more points under the 'moving around' descriptor for Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- is registered blind (severely sight impaired)
- receives a War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- has been both awarded a lump sum benefit at tariffs 1 to 8 of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking
(proof of all the above will be required on application)
Type two: ‘eligible subject to further assessment’
People who would be considered eligible subject to further assessment are those who are more than two years old and fall within one or more of the following descriptions:
- drives a vehicle regularly, has a severe disability in both arms, and is unable to operate, or has considerable difficulty in operating, all or some types of parking meter
- is unable to walk or has very considerable difficulty in walking because of a permanent and substantial disability
In addition, children under the age of two may be eligible for a badge if they fall within either or both of the following descriptions:
- a child who, on account of a condition, must always be accompanied by bulky medical equipment which cannot be carried around with the child without great difficulty
- a child who, on account of a condition, must always be kept near a motor vehicle so that they can, if necessary, be treated for that condition in the vehicle or taken quickly in the vehicle to a place where they can be so treated
If you are under the type one criteria this will take 20 working days from receipt of payment and all relevant paperwork.
If you are under the type two criteria this can take up to 40 working days.
The parking concessions available to badge holders
It is down to the badge holder to use your blue badge properly. The badge and its concessions are just for your use. It is a criminal offence for you or anyone else to misuse your badge, and it can lead to a £1,000 fine. Making sure that the scheme is not abused will benefit genuine badge holders, such as yourself.
If you are using the parking concessions as a passenger, you should make sure that the driver is aware of all the rules set out in the ‘The Blue Badge scheme: rights and responsibilities in England’ available from the Department for Transport website or the copy that was sent to you with your blue badge.
A map of disabled parking spaces in Bracknell town centre is available to view.