Downshire Golf Complex - customer notices
Green fee special offer
Play as many holes as you can, Monday to Friday, 3pm onwards for £16.35 per person.
Play as many holes as you can, Saturday and Sunday, 3pm onwards for £17.35 per person.
Book tee times in advance:
- online leisure booking system
- golf shop - 01344 302030
This offer is available for a limited time only.
As of Saturday 1 April 2017, the annual council price increase came into effect.
Change to concessionary rate eligibility
Please note that the eligibility for concessionary rate has changed to 64 years.
New online booking system
Season ticket holders trying to book a tee time online
Downshire Golf Complex Season Ticket holders using the new booking system for the first time are required to create a password when they log in. To create this password click 'Login/Register' and then select 'Register without a password'. Once you have completed the required fields on this page you will then receive an email with a unique code which will allow you to log in and make your online booking. This process will only need to be completed once when the account is initially set up.
If you receive a message stating 'There were errors with your submission. The email address you entered did not match any accounts in our file', this means we do not have the email address you used entered against your membership record. You will need to call the Golf Shop on 01344 302030 to add or correct your email address. You will then be able to follow the instructions above.
Tee time bookings for non-members
You are not required to log in. You can search for your activity and will be prompted to enter your email address in before you make your payment.
Leisure services review
Bracknell Forest Council needs to save £23.5m over the next 3 years and is reviewing how it provides all its services and this includes Leisure Services. A public meeting to brief customers on this review helped draw out the key points that customers wanted to understand and these are detailed below.
What is happening
- in order to achieve some cost savings the council is exploring whether a third party operator is able to manage the operation of Bracknell Leisure Centre, Downshire Golf Complex and Coral Reef to similar standards as the council but at a lower cost to the local tax payer
- the council will remain fully accountable for the services delivered
- the intention is for customers to receive the same level of access and quality of service that they receive now, or better
- any changes will not affect how customers benefit from the investment in Coral Reef
- if agreed, a contract will be in place to make sure that any incoming operator delivers the level of service that the council requires and customers expect and deserve
- the council anticipates customers will see improvements and further investments in the facilities in the coming years, which under the council would probably not be funded
- vulnerable groups and key clubs and activities will be protected with an aim to increase participation and healthy lifestyles for our residents
- staff will transfer to the new operator under existing terms and conditions if management of the service is outsourced
- customers will be kept informed of what’s happening as the review progresses
- the Council’s Executive agreed a procurement plan for this market testing exercise on 14 February 2017 with a decision in late summer/early autumn
What’s not happening
- the council is not selling any of the leisure centres
- the council will not lose control of pricing but will consider any proposed price changes by any operator, not to be unreasonably withheld
- the council will not be controlling the operator; they will have considerable freedom to run the centres in the way that they wish providing that the required standards and specification are met but major structural changes will require Council approval
Updates to course restrictions
Please be aware that there may be a time delay in updating information about course restrictions on this web page if they occur outside normal office hours. Please check for important up-to-date customer information on our Facebook page.
Prices and tickets
Four season ticket options are available giving free golf at certain times.
For more details about season tickets, e+ leisure membership and prices in general please see our membership and prices page.
Sign up for our newsletter and receive all the latest news and offers.
Promotions and special offers
Please visit our promotions and special offers page to find out what we have for you this month.
Environmental protection and hedgehogs
Find out more about how hedgehogs are helping to improve our golf course.
On the golf course we request that golf attire is worn - jeans and trainers are not permitted. In the clubhouse and on practice facilities casual clothing is permitted however people must not be bare to the waist.
Wi-Fi internet connectivity now available throughout Downshire Golf Complex for all our customers.
Smoking is not permitted in any part of the building.