Free tablet help sessions
Get to know your tablet better and find out how to download free library e-books, e-audiobooks and e-magazines. Contact us to book a free 45-minute session for friendly help and advice. We can also help with email, internet browsing and app downloads.
- Binfield Library - Saturday 17 June from 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Crowthorne Library - Friday 12 May from 2.15pm to 4.30pm
- Sandhurst Library - Friday 19 May from 2.15pm to 4.30pm and Saturday 27 May from 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Whitegrove Library - Friday 26 May from 2.15pm to 4.30pm
Read digital copies of your favourite magazines for free from your computer, smartphone or tablet using Zinio. Some features of Zinio e-magazines are:
- you can read magazines instantly online on your PC or Mac
- you can use the Zinio for Libraries mobile app to download magazines onto your tablet or smartphone for offline reading
- titles include Amateur Photographer, Cross Stitcher, Elle, The Economist, Marie Claire, Men’s Fitness, National Geographic, Total Film, Woman's Own and much more
- no limit to the number of magazines you can check out or how long you have them
Register with the Zinio website and checkout e-magazines
Register and check out e-magazines by following the instructions below:
- go to the Bracknell Forest Zinio website and click/tap ‘create new account’ (top right)
- follow the instructions to create an account - you will need your library membership number and an email address
- browse and choose the e-magazines you wish to read, select a magazine cover to see the issues available, including back issues
- click/tap ‘checkout’, and then select ‘start reading’ or ‘keep browsing’ to choose more e-magazines - your checked out magazine titles appear in ‘My Collection’
Reading e-magazines on your computer
You can usually read e-magazines instantly on a computer - click on ‘start reading’ or click ‘My collection’ to find your checked out titles.
Only some magazines need to be downloaded using a computer and read offline - in this case you will be prompted to install the free Zinio Reader software.
Reading e-magazines on your tablet or smartphone
You can install the Zinio for Libraries app for iOS, Android, Kindle Fire HD/HDX on your mobile device to read magazines offline. Follow the links from the bottom of the Zinio website or visit your app store.
Tap on the magazine icon to log into the app with your existing Zinio email address and password and see your e-magazines.
You can read online or download the e-magazines to read them offline and on the go.
Smartphone and tablet users
Please note, smartphone or tablet users need to make sure you start at the Zinio Bracknell Forest website to register and checkout titles. You can then go to the app to read your magazines. You can go anytime to the Zinio website in your device browser to checkout more titles, but you cannot return directly to the Zinio Bracknell Forest website from the Zinio for Libraries app.
Kindle Fire users
For Kindle Fire users, to install Zinio for Libraries on your Kindle Fire you need to enable your device to accept apps from “other” non-Kindle Store sources. (Settings > More > Device > Allow installation of Applications (from unknown sources) > select "ON")
Need some help?
For more information and frequently asked questions please look at:
If you can’t find an answer to your query or you need one-to-one help please use our enquiry form or call Bracknell Library on 01344 423149.