Equalities - assessment and consultation
Equality Impact Assessments (EIAs) are tools for assessing the implications of decisions on our workforce and the community. They work to eliminate discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and promote good relations between people of different backgrounds and groups.
They help the council to anticipate and identify the potential consequences of new or existing functions, policies or services.
You can search for the EIA documents by department:
- Adult Social Care, Health and Housing
- Chief Executive's Office
- Children Young People and Learning
- Corporate Services
- Environment, Culture and Communities
Or you can search the EIA documents alphabetically:
- Equality Impact Assessments A to E
- Equality Impact Assessments F to J
- Equality Impact Assessments K to O
- Equality Impact Assessments P to T
- Equality Impact Assessments U to Z
The council carries out EIAs on budget proposals. These are undertaken to enable us to understand the impact savings proposals may have on equality of different sections of our community.
2016-17 additional savings proposals:
- Equality screenings on proposed additional budget savings (PDF, 1108kb)
- Youth equality impact assessment (PDF, 115kb)
- Children's centre equality impact assessment (PDF, 318kb)
- Voluntary sector core grants equality impact assessment (PDF, 454kb)
- Domestic abuse services equality impact assessment (PDF, 532kb)
- HomeStart equality impact assessment (PDF, 310kb)
- Equality impact assessments for the budget proposals (PDF, 1163kb)
- Redundancy Selection Process EIA (PDF, 78kb)
These EIAs relate to specific proposals and should be read in conjunction with the Revenue Budget Report 2012-13 for the Executive Meeting on 21 February 2012.
Summaries of documents on this website can be made available in easy read, Braille, large print or on audio cassette. Copies in other languages may also be obtained, please contact Customer Services.