Forestcare - lifeline alarms
A Forestcare lifeline is a personal alarm system that provides a link to our dedicated control centre – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
A lifeline consists of a base unit connected to your phone line and a pendant worn around your wrist or neck. Simply push the red button on the base unit or your pendant to connect to the control centre. When your call comes through to us we will offer you help and ensure that you get the correct assistance in a timely manner.
- Find out more about our special offer of a £20 voucher when you have a lifeline alarm installed (PDF, 21kb)
How does it work?
The lifeline alarm connects to the Forestcare control centre through your telephone line.
The lifeline comes with a base unit and a pendant which can be worn either on your wrist or around your neck.
When you activate the lifeline (by pushing the red button on either the base unit or your pendant) an automatic call will be made to the control centre.
The pendant can be worn anywhere in the home or the garden.
If we cannot hear you properly we are able to increase the volume on the unit so we can, even if you are not near the base unit. However, if we are unable to communicate with you we will summon help immediately.
You can still use your phone in the same way. However, if your phone is cordless then we recommend that you don’t keep it too close to the lifeline unit as it may cause interference.
For installation purposes, the main telephone point needs to be within approximately 0.75m of a power socket – the lifeline requires power to work and also needs to plug into your phone.
Who are our customers?
Many people can benefit from having a lifeline and anyone can have one installed. You can be a homeowner or rent your property. We install lifelines in Bracknell Forest Council in addition to the following areas: Reading Borough Council and Wokingham, Borough Council. We also install in parts of Windsor & Maidenhead, South Oxfordshire, Hampshire and Surrey.
A lifeline will benefit any individual who feels vulnerable at home. This may be due to age, disability, ill health or simply because you live alone and require a friendly and reassuring voice at the end of the phone. We have a wide range of customers with various needs:
- people living alone
- older people
- individuals with no local support network
- businesses and organisations that have people working from home
- residents in sheltered housing
- families with young children
- those at risk of domestic violence
- people leaving hospital
- those at risk of regular falls
- people suffering from medium to long term illnesses
- individuals with mental health problems
- people with disabilities
Why choose us?
- competitive prices
- Telecare Services Authority affiliated
- no upfront costs or contracts
- a next day repair and replacement service
- a 24-hour-a-day operation, 365 days a year
- experienced, friendly staff with local knowledge
- free, no obligation demonstration and installation
- consistently good performance and high customer satisfaction
- respecting your individual rights and treating you with dignity
How much does it cost?
Rental charge includes a lifeline alarm and one pendant.
- lifeline unit (Bracknell Forest area) - £3.55 per week (excluding VAT)
- lifeline unit (all other areas) - £3.97 per week (excluding VAT)