Health and safety at work - investigation

We deal with queries and complaints from the public and businesses regarding health and safety in workplaces. We deal with:

  • offices
  • shops
  • warehouses
  • places used for leisure activities
  • other non-industrial premises in the Bracknell Forest area

In some cases it may be necessary for us to refer you to another enforcement body such as the Health and Safety Executive.

Although most premises do not need to notify us of their general activities, there are some specific aspects you must report. This includes certain accidents and if you operate a cooling tower.

How to report concerns

If you are concerned about any aspect of health and safety at work you should first always attempt to resolve the matter with the employer. You can do this either directly or through your staff representative (if you have one). If you are dissatisfied you can contact the relevant enforcement authority or you can contact us.

Investigations will be conducted sensitively and the complainant's confidentiality is assured. When we consider we have sufficient information from all relevant parties we will make an assessment about the most appropriate course of action having regard to our health and safety law enforcement plan.

How to report incidents

To find out all about reporting of injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences please visit HSE - RIDDOR.

Was this page useful?

Yes No

Thank you. You can provide further feedback on this page using our feedback form.