Highways and roads - search enquiries
The council provides written or verbal responses to individual requests for information about highways and roads. This includes adopted highways, ancient highways, drainage of the highway and any dedicated information.
If you require a response in writing we charge a fee of £60 per hour (£61 from April 2017). We estimate it will take an hour to complete one search.
There is no charge for verbal information or to see the list of public roads in the borough at the council offices. Please contact us to make an appointment for this.
The following highways-related information is already available on our website:
- adopted roads - we are unable to publish a map showing adopted roads, however a list is available to inspect
- road classifications - roads are classified as A, B, C or residential roads, useful tools to identify road classifications are:
- Find my nearest - click on the road to display the classification
- Google maps
- public rights of way - you can find a Definitive Map and Statement
- pedestrian crossings
- cycle tracks
- cycling map and guide (PDF, 3399kb)
- traffic calming policy (PDF, 32kb)