Bulky item collection
Collections of bulky household items are available to all Bracknell Forest residents and are by appointment only. Appointments are usually available within five working days of the payment reaching us.
Arrange and pay for a collection
You can book a collection and pay for it online by using our bulky item collection request form.
Please note that no amendments can be made to the collection after 3pm on the day before the collection.
Cancellations made after 3pm on the working day before the collection will not be refunded. Any cancellations made before 3pm on the working day before collection will receive a 50% refund.
If you have any enquiries relating to this service or would prefer to book and pay by phone, please call us on 01344 352000.
|Reduced charge - 50%*|
|Up to 3 items||£41.10
|4 to 7 items
* To qualify for a 50 per cent reduction in cost you must be in receipt of a DWP income related benefit such as Income Support, Income based JSA, Guaranteed Pension Credit and Employment Support Allowance (income related).
Items we collect
Items we collect are:
- furniture - sets of furniture count as more than one item, for example a dining set of a table and 4 chairs counts as 5 items
- sofas and armchairs - a 3-piece suite counts as 3 items
- beds and mattresses - a bed base and a mattress are counted as 2 separate items and a headboard would be a third item
- carpets - a roll of carpet and the underlay from one room count as 2 items, please ensure carpets and underlay are cut up and rolled into manageable sizes that one person can lift
- household electrical goods
Items we do not collect
We don't collect garden waste (apart from real Christmas trees in January), DIY waste such as fitted kitchens, bathroom suites, internal doors, building materials (for example, plasterboard) or items such as fences sheds and greenhouses.
We also don't collect any waste from business premises or items that are over saturated or unsanitary.
If your items are in good condition you may want to consider donating them to a charity. Please see our page about reuse for further information.
Where should I leave my bulky item?
Please leave your bulky items at the edge of the property, in a location that is visible from the highway but not causing any obstruction.
Please ensure that your items are only out on the day of collection.
Recycling three items for free
With every bulky collection booked residents are able to put out three small electrical items for recycling for free. Items that will be accepted as small are those that will easily fit in a standard supermarket carrier bag. This doesn't include items that have screens such as laptops, notebooks or ipads. See below for some examples of what can and can’t be put out for recycling with your bulky collection:
|Yes please||No, thank you (can be collected if paid as a bulky item)|
|Hairdryers, hair straighteners, curling tongs||Microwaves|
|Toasters and sandwich toasters||PC monitors|
|Blenders and mixers||White goods and large appliances|
|Calculators||Laptops and notebooks|
|Games consoles, DVD, Blu ray and video players||Hedge cutters and chainsaws|
|Electric toothbrushes, shavers, epilators||Strimmers|
|Mobile phones and cameras||Lawnmowers/Flymos|
|Table or desk lamps||Floor standing lamps|
|MP3 players, CD players, Walkmans, portable radios||Large home stereo systems|
Please note that this list is by no means definitive.