Making a housing benefit claim
To apply for housing benefit you will need to complete the housing benefit claim form (PDF, 587kb) and send it back to us along with any supporting documentation.
If you would like somebody to help you complete the form, please submit our third party consent form. This gives us permission to discuss your benefit claim with another person.
Book an appointment
To book an appointment please email the Benefits team or phone 01344 352010.
We want to make sure that everyone claims all the benefits that they are entitled to. We provide dedicated support to you by appointing you a caseworker who will be able to:
- help you complete your claim for housing benefit and/or council tax reduction
- help you complete your Universal Credit claim by providing online access in our offices at Time Square
- offer help and advice with claiming other welfare benefits that you may be entitled to
- help you to contact the DWP when your circumstances change
- offer personal budgeting support to help you to manage your money or look at other options to help you deal with your debts