Apply for a housing swap

As a social housing tenant, you may be able to swap your home with another council or housing association tenant – this is called a mutual exchange.

HomeSwapper is the UK’s largest mutual exchange service for council and housing association tenants looking to swap homes. You can look for a local or even a national swap.

How to apply

You can register online by visiting the HomeSwapper website.

The site will match you to potential swaps and will help you to find your new house exchange or home swap.

Was this page useful?

Yes No

Thank you. You can provide further feedback on this page using our feedback form.