Land at Blue Mountain Golf Course
Land at Blue Mountain is allocated for development in line with Site Allocations Local Plan Policy SA7, which was adopted by the Council in July 2013.
Notice of Request to modify a Section 52 Planning Agreement
Public consultation responses
In autumn 2013 for one month we undertook a public consultation on the request to modify the 1990 Agreement. The consultation responses are as follows:
- representations 1 to 50 (PDF, 1427kb)
- representations 51 to 100 (PDF, 1364kb)
- representations 101 to 150 (PDF, 1772kb)
- representations 151 to 169 (PDF, 4826kb)
- representations 170 to 190 (PDF, 3713kb)
- representations 191 to 200 (PDF, 6685kb)
- representations 201 to 250 (PDF, 1922kb)
- representations 251 to 300 (PDF, 1526kb)
- representations 301 to 324 (PDF, 797kb)
- overview summary of the issues raised (PDF, 450kb)
Please view the following background documents for more information:
- Section 52 Planning Agreement dated 16th February 1990 (PDF, 17156kb)
- Request from Luff Developments Limited to modify the Planning Agreement (PDF, 116kb)
- Bracknell Forest Council Public Planning Notice (PDF, 138kb)
Removal of the Golf Course Land (now known as the Blue Mountain Golf & Conference Centre) from the Section 52 Agreement and, in particular, to be released from the covenant in the TENTH SCHEDULE, Part II (paragraph 1), which is in the following terms:
“1. Not to use the Golf Course Land for any purpose other than as a golf course for the provision of sporting or other recreational facilities or as open space and not to construct any buildings on the Golf Course Land other than as reasonably required in connection with any of the uses mentioned in this paragraph”
The Executive Member for Planning and Transport has decided that subject to the three criteria stated in point 6 of the Record of Decision (Work Programme Reference I044560), the Borough Solicitor is to be authorised to complete a Deed of Release in respect of the Section 52 Agreement dated 16 February 1990.
This recommendation ensures that the Agreement will only be released to permit development of the Blue Mountain site which substantially accords with the Council's adopted Site Allocations Local Plan (SALP) (2013).