Please see our Library news page for any closures or disruptions to the libraries.
Please note that Bracknell Library is open as usual during the redevelopment work (PDF, 5332kb) taking place in Bracknell town centre.
What we offer
We have nine libraries with a wide range of resources:
- books – fiction and non-fiction books, including Quick Pick selections
- e-books, e-audiobooks and e-magazines
- large print books
- books on prescription including resources for those with dementia and their carers
- citizenship online resources
- online theory test for drivers
- online reference resources
- spoken word CDs
- foreign language courses
- books in other languages, including Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Gujarati, Hindi, Italian, Panjabi, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Urdu
- sessions to help people learn and improve their English and learn and practice other European languages
- computer games (Bracknell, Binfield, Crowthorne, Sandhurst and Whitegrove libraries)
- music CDs (Bracknell Library and Sandhurst Library)
- national and local newspapers, including access to back issues
- popular magazines
- music scores
- children's libraries
- story tree (Birch Hill Library)
- free access to the internet and free WiFi in all libraries
- computers for public use and training for the public in use of ICT and e-books
- printers and photocopiers
- faxing service (currently unavailable at Bracknell Library) and scanning facilities
- access to the library catalogue
- study areas
- local information
- local studies collections
- family history resources
- wide range of activities and events
Please see our library charges leaflets; which includes overdue charges, hire charges, ICT charges, photocopying, fax charges, meeting room hire and more:
Everyone may borrow up to a maximum of:
- 20 books
- 6 spoken word
- 6 DVDs (subject to classification)
- 6 CD-Roms (subject to classification)
- 6 PlayStation® games (subject to classification)
- 6 CDs
Books are issued for three weeks. DVDs, CD-ROMS and PlayStation® games are issued for one week.
|Item||Charge per item per day||Maximum charge|
|Children's books borrowed by adults||10p||£4.05|
|Children's books borrowed by children||5p||£2|
|Teenage books borrowed by young people||10p||£4.05|
|Spoken word and music recordings||20p||£8.15|
|DVDs, computer games and CD-ROMs||60p||£8.15|
Children and young people
The library is a great place to bring children. There's so much going on to entertain and educate them, whatever their age. Find out more by visiting our Libraries - children's services section.
Use our online information resources to help you with homework. These include Britannica Student and Britannica Junior.
Family history research
Visit us and we will provide you with free access to Ancestry online from any of our branches. Local and family history.
Home Library Service
The Home Library Service is our service to housebound customers. We provide a free delivery and collection service for books, story CDs and other library loan items to customers unable to visit our libraries in person.
The service is available to anyone living in the borough who, for physical or mental health reasons, is unable to visit a library.
We will discuss with you the types of books that you enjoy and we will select stock for you, according to your preferences.
You will be visited either by a member of staff or by a volunteer every two to three weeks. You will be visited by the same person at each visit.
In order to join, you will need to complete an application form which must be signed by either your doctor or health visitor. Application forms are available from any Bracknell Forest library or by telephoning the Home Library Service on 01344 352406.