Licence - temporary structures over the highway

Under the Highways Act 1980, Section 178 you need to apply to place bunting, decorative lights, rails, beams or cables over, along or across the public highway.

How to apply

For more information about obtaining permission to place temporary or permanent structures over a highway please contact the Highway Network Management Team for an initial discussion.

How long will it take to process my application?

It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within 21 working days, please contact us.

Was this page useful?

Yes No

Thank you. You can provide further feedback on this page using our feedback form.