Licence - late night catering

Under the Alcohol and Entertainment Licensing Act 2003 all premises that supply hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am need to apply for a premises licence. These requirements apply to restaurants, takeaways and mobile food traders.

Premises such as hotels, guesthouses, workplaces and operations by charitable institutions, do not need a premises licence.

Was this page useful?

Yes No

Thank you. You can provide further feedback on this page using our feedback form.