Licence - scaffolding and hoarding

A licence is required to erect fences, hoarding, scaffolding or a similar structure if it encroaches onto a public highway.

How to apply

You can apply online - apply to erect a fence, scaffolding or hoarding

The application form includes an undertaking to be signed for the maintenance and reinstatement of any pavement damaged or disturbed by the structure.

A fee of £162 is payable on submission of this application. Similar structures on private land do not require a licence.

Was this page useful?

Yes No

Thank you. You can provide further feedback on this page using our feedback form.