Longhill Park is a 23 acre (9.3 hectare) site of hay meadow, woodland and playground, situated between Long Hill Road and Harvest Ride in Winkfield.
Longhill Park is featured in the Great Places for Circular Walks booklet.
Facilities and key features
The facilities and key features of Longhill Park are:
- junior and toddler park play area
- the largest BMX skate park in the borough
- designated a Local Wildlife Site because of its valuable plants and animals
- the site is generally flat and reasonably accessible for the mobility-impaired
- cycling is permitted along the track to the south west of the site
Longhill Park was formerly a refuse site that has since been reclaimed for wildlife and public recreation purposes. Today the site is popular for walking and with families and children.
Suitable Alternative Natural Greenspace (SANG)
This site is part of the Longhill Park group of public open spaces currently undergoing enhancement works as a Suitable Alternative Natural Greenspace (SANG). This is to create an enjoyable natural environment for recreation, away from the Thames Basin Heath Special Protection Area.
How to get there
The main car park for the site is accessed from Long Hill Road, Bracknell, RG12 9UD. Please view our location map.
There are four pedestrian access paths to Longhill Park. They are at:
- the junction of Long Hill Road / Harvest Ride
- the northern point of Harvest Ride
- the rear of Timline Green
- the rear of Milman Close