Resident parking scheme until 31 March 2017
Resident parking permit/scratch card applications until 31 March 2017
At this time all current permits will remain valid regardless of the stated expiry date and it is important to continue to display your current permit.
The online application system is currently unavailable. It will be available again soon so you can apply for next year's scheme.
Apply by post
Enclose photocopies of required documents - see How to apply for a permit section below for all required documents.
Download and post - Resident/business/visitor permit form (PDF, 394kb)
The Parking Shop, High Street Multi Storey Car Park, The Ring, Bracknell, RG12 1GN (office is located by the exit barriers).
Bring your completed application form together with your proof documents.
There are forms available for other types of permit below.
How to apply for a permit
Before applying for your permit you will need to read all the information below. You also need to read the scheme rules and the terms and conditions as you will be asked to confirm that you understand and accept them:
The list below shows which documents will be accepted.
Proof of address (resident)
- utility bill (gas, electricity, telephone, water) *
- bank/building society statement *
- Benefits Agency statement/pension book *
- letter from solicitor stating the date of completion on purchase or the property *
- valid tenancy agreement *
- your council tax bill for the current year
- driving licence – showing name and current address
* Must be dated within the last 3 months
Proof of vehicle ownership (resident)
- Vehicle Registration Document (form V5) showing name and address within the relevant zone
- copy of valid insurance certificate or schedule showing name and address
- company vehicle - a letter from the company specifying that the vehicle to which this application applies is for specific and personal use as an employee and confirms address
Proof of address (business)
- utility bill (gas, electricity, telephone, water)*
- bank/building society statement*
- official lease agreement in business name and address*
- current national non-domestic rate demand*
* Must be dated within the last 3 months
Proof of vehicle ownership (business)
- Vehicle Registration Document (form V5) showing name and business address within the relevant zone
- copy of valid insurance certificate or schedule showing business name and address
- for company/leased vehicle - a letter from the company concerned specifying that the vehicle is allocated for driver's specific use as an employee
Blue Badge holders
If you are applying as a Blue Badge holder you will also need to scan / copy both the front and back of your badge.
Types of parking permit
The following permits are available:
Resident and business parking permits
A resident or business permit entitles a specific vehicle to park within the appropriate resident parking zone during the hours of operation. Each property located within a zone can apply for any combination of resident and business permits up to the maximum of 5 permits per property. These permits will be issued to a specific vehicle, can not be transferred and must be displayed in the windscreen of your vehicle.
4-hour reusable visitor permits
Displaying the 4-hour reusable visitor permit entitles any vehicle to park within the appropriate zone during the hours of operation. This permit will be automatically issued to the first successful applicant for a resident or business parking permit from each property. This permit can be transferred between vehicles.
Visitor scratch cards (including the listed private developments)
Displaying the 4-hour and 24-hour visitor scratch cards entitles a specific vehicle to park within the appropriate zone during the hours of operation.
This permit will be automatically issued to the first successful applicant for a resident or business parking permit from each property. These permits are not available to businesses.
Every residential property is entitled to 50 x 4-hour single use visitor scratch cards and 50 x 24-hour single use visitor scratch cards. Additional scratch cards, up to a further 50 of each type (4-hour or 24-hour), can be applied for from the Parking Shop as above from 1 March 2016.Visitor scratch card application form (PDF, 332kb)
Tradesperson and service provider
If you need to access one of the resident parking zones in order to provide a service, such as window cleaning, you can apply for a 4-hour reusable service provider permit.Tradesperson/service provider/landlord application form (PDF, 479kb)
Landlords that require access to the resident parking zones can apply for visitor scratch cards for the zone the tenanted property is within.Tradesperson/service provider/landlord application form (PDF, 479kb)
The council has a process for considering discretionary permit applications in exceptional circumstances where the standard criteria can not be complied with. Please note that each application will be considered on an individual basis and must be accompanied by sufficient evidence to justify your case.
If you believe you may qualify for a discretionary permit to park in a zone but do not fit in any of the above permit categories, you should complete the application form below.Discretionary permit application form (PDF, 259kb)
Lost or damaged permits
Should you require a replacement permit these can be applied for by contacting the Parking Shop on 01344 421567 during weekday business hours (Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5pm) or via email email@example.com.Lost/replacement permit form (PDF, 368kb)
Charges until 31 March 2017
|Type of permit||Charge (per year)|
|Resident and business - 1st and 2nd permit||Free|
|Resident and business - 3rd permit||£20|
|Resident and business - 4th permit||£40|
|Resident and business - 5th permit||£70|
|Resident and business - 4-hour reusable visitor permit||Free|
|Resident and business - Blue Badge holders||Free|
|Resident and business - Motorcycles||Free|
|Visitor scratch cards - initial 50 x 4-hour single use *||Free|
|Visitor scratch cards - initial 50 x 24-hour single use *||Free|
|Tradesperson/service provider - single 4-hour reusable permit for all zones||£20|
|Landlord - 4-hour permit (scratch card) **||£5 per book of 10|
|Landlord - 24-hour permit (scratch card) **||£10 per book of 10|
|Replacement permit - where original permit surrendered||£5 (per permit)|
|Replacement permit - where original permit not surrendered||£20 (per permit)|
* Additional free scratch cards, up to a further 50 can be applied for from the Parking Shop as above from 1 March 2016.
** Up to 20 permits per year (4-hour permit) and up to 10 permits per year (24-hour permit)