Planning advice for developers
If you are proposing to invest in the borough and are likely to be carrying out development, changing the use of premises or displaying advertisements then there are several sources of advice to help you through the planning process.
Planning permission is not always required and there are circumstances where the works are permitted development.
We have a positive and proactive approach to shaping, considering, determining and delivering development proposals so please contact us for more information. You can also use the links below to find out how we can help your business develop:
- pre-application advice service
- viewing planning applications
- making a planning application
- displaying advertisements on business premises
- appealing against planning decisions
- planning and transport policy
We can also provide information about:
- obtaining building regulations approval
- planning constraints
- sustainable drainage systems (SuDS)
- other support and guidance for businesses
- requirements for refuse and recycling provision at new developments (PDF, 120kb)
Certain developments require the submission of an Environmental Statement under the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) (England and Wales) Regulations 1999.