You can search this website using the search bar at the top of every page. There are two types of search: standard and advanced.
- enter one or more words related to what you are looking for, into the search box at the top of any page
- press enter, or click the ‘search’ button
- a results page will appear with items related to your search, in order of relevance, with recommended links at the top
If you cannot find what you are looking for then please use the advanced search feature. You can access this from any search results page. This allows you to refine your search by creating combinations of words to search by.
You can enter your search into the following boxes:
With all the words
This allows you to search for items containing all the words you enter.
With the exact phrase
This allows you to search for an exact phrase.
With at least one of the words
This allows you to search for items that contain at least one of the words you enter.
Without the words
This allows you to exclude words from your search.
Advanced search also allows you to:
- specify how many results you would like returned
- include or exclude document types
- choose how to sort your results
Some extra advice for searching:
- some search phrases may appear as you type. You can select these phrases to search with
- you do not need to include common words such as ‘and,’ ‘to,’ or ‘if’
- if you wish to search for an exact phrase, use quotation marks around your phrase. For example, “brown bin collection”
- spelling suggestions are returned where a possible mistake has been found