Self-Care awareness campaigns
Bracknell Forest Council’s Adult Social Care, Health and Housing department and Bracknell and Ascot Clinical Commissioning Group have pioneered a joint working approach to Prevention and Self-Care. This is aimed at supporting people in the local community to look after themselves better helping to improve their health and well-being without the need to unnecessarily use health and social care services.
As part of this approach each month the Joint Prevention and Self-Care Board will be promoting several of the many national and international events that focus on preventative health and social care issues. These events have included World Health Day, Dementia Awareness Week and Ovarian Cancer awareness Month.
These campaigns help to raise awareness and educate people about different health conditions and how the lifestyle choices people make may affect their health and well-being. These lifestyle choices include smoking, physical activity and healthy eating.
Our monthly campaigns are listed below where you can find out more, including what local support is available to you.
- Bowel Cancer Screening - October 2016
- World Mental Health Day - October 2016
- Backcare Awareness Week – October 2016
- World Heart Day - September 2016
- World Alzheimer's Day - September 2016
- Choose Better - Using the Right Health Service - August 2016
- Taking Care in the Sun - July 2016
- Diabetes Week - June 2016
- Save Lives: Clean Your hands - May 2016
- World Asthma Day - May 2016
- Allergy Awareness Week - 25th April to 1st May 2016
- World Health Day: Diabetes - April 2016
- World Oral Health Day - March 2016
- Nutrition and Hydration Week - March 2016
- Choose Better - Using the Right Health Service - January 2016
- World Heart Day - September 2015
- World Alzheimer's Month - September 2015
- Samaritans Awareness Day - July 2015
- Disability Awareness Day - July 2015
Previous awareness campaigns are archived here as a list.
Find our more helpful tips and information on staying healthy and happy by accessing our Self-Care guide.