SEN Local Offer
From September 2014 local authorities are required to publish information online about services for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) aged 0-25. This is the SEN Local Offer.
The Local Offer will provide accurate and easy to understand information for parents, carers and young people about available services and how they can access them.
The Local Offer puts all the information in one place, regarding health care, social services, education, leisure activities and support groups available in the area. It also explains the additional or different provision provided for children who have SEND.
Who is the SEN Local Offer for?
The Local Offer will enable parents, carers, children, young people and practitioners/professionals to see clearly which service(s) and support across education, health and social care, are available locally.
What must the SEN Local Offer include?
The Local Offer must include information about the services available in Bracknell Forest including:
- education, health care and Social services provision
- arrangements for identifying and assessing children and young people with SEND
- how services are accessed (including eligibility criteria) and how decisions are made
- arrangements for supporting children and young people in their school as well as moving between school phases
- services to support young people in preparing for adulthood and independence
- arrangements for disagreement resolution, complaints, mediation and appealing to the SEND Tribunal
- information for feedback and review of the Local Offer
Bracknell Forest's SEN Local Offer
Bracknell Forest has been working hard to develop the SEN local offer. The development of the SEN local offer is ongoing and information will be added on a day by day basis. For more information visit the SEN Local Offer website.
Get involved in Bracknell Forest’s SEN Local Offer
We're speaking to lots of parents, carers, young people with SEND and professionals as we develop Bracknell’s Local Offer. We want to get ideas from the people who want or need to use the Local Offer.
Please get in touch if you'd like to have your say on what's in the local offer and in how the information is presented.