Support for adults with HIV

If you or someone you care for is living with HIV/AIDS you may be able to get support from the council’s Adult Social Care team.

Services you may be entitled to include:

  • advice on and referral to specialist HIV and Aids organisations
  • personal, practical and social care and support in your home (homecare)
  • meals during the week for those unable to provide for themselves
  • aids, equipment and house adaptations for everyday living
  • day services or resource centres to develop everyday living skills
  • short-term respite care
  • long term residential or nursing care
  • housing advice
  • advice and assistance in obtaining transport,disabled parking badges and travel passes

To find out whether you are eligible for support, please contact Adult Social Care to arrange an assessment of your needs and circumstances.

Was this page useful?

Yes No

Thank you. You can provide further feedback on this page using our feedback form.