Supporting people - charges

Do you receive support related to your housing, for which there is a charge (for example, from a warden, support worker or community alarm service)?

If so, you can apply for a subsidy to help pay those charges. We may be able to award a subsidy just from the information you provide on your application form. If not, we will offer to visit you to advise you on your benefit entitlements in person.

Please see the PDF file downloadsupporting people in Bracknell Forest (PDF, 85kb) leaflet.

How to apply

Please complete the PDF file downloadsupporting people application form (PDF, 223kb) sign it and send to the supporting people team. You will need your national insurance number in order to complete the form.  Please see the council's fairer contributions policy.

If you do not receive an acknowledgement that we have received your application within 28 days, please contact us.

Also, please contact us if you have any queries or require this form in another format, such as braille, audio tape or another language.


People who receive short term services will not be charged for support regardless of their financial circumstances.

We know that some people in short term services are not able to move on within the two-year period because there is no suitable accommodation for them to move to. These people will continue to receive support free of charge.

People in receipt of long term services who are in receipt of any amount of housing benefit will not have to pay anything towards their support costs. People not in receipt of any housing benefit will be assessed by the council as to their ability to pay in accordance with the council’s fairer charging policy for non residential social services.

Please note that where a person in receipt of long term supporting people services is subject to section 117 of the Mental Health Act, supporting people will act in line with the council's fairer contributions policy and no charge will be made. Additionally, we expect people subject to section 117 to be in receipt of other health and or social services support.

Was this page useful?

Yes No

Thank you. You can provide further feedback on this page using our feedback form.