Tips for online job applications
In order to apply for vacancies you will need to register. You will then be able to set up job searches, register for job alert emails and also check the progress of your application. Your application form is saved online for future use and can then be amended for other vacancies you may be interested in applying for. Please note registration is free of charge.
Using the online application
Please remember the following when using the online application system:
- the back button will take you out of the application form and you may lose your work
- there is a 'previous step' button at the bottom of each page and a 'preview your application' button at the end of the application form which will allow you to make changes before you submit your application
- the online form does not have a spell check, we recommend you use a package such as Word and copy the text into the form
- ensure you complete the online application form in full as shortlisting will be based on the information provided on your application form
- there is a file attachment facility on the application form, which works in a similar way to attaching a file to an email: you can browse your own documents and attach any relevant document in support of your applications such as a report, an example of your work or your CV
- there is only a facility to upload one document
- you should not attach any written references
- after you submit your application, you should receive an automatic email saying that we have received your application
Questions relating to the post
The advert and application pack may suggest a person to call for an informal discussion. As such, feel free to contact this person to ask any questions you may feel remain unanswered.
Closing date and time
Check the closing date and the time for receiving applications, as vacancies close at various times of the day or night. Allow enough time to complete the application form as after the closing date the facility to apply online will no longer be available.
Please always be vigilant when providing personal information by email. Any information would only ever be requested by the council. If you have any doubts, please contact us.
Access after closing date
If you have applied online you can still access the job details/application pack and view your application form after the closing date by logging into your account and selecting the relevant vacancy title.
If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful. Please don’t be discouraged from applying for other jobs. Your skills may suit one of the many vacancies we have each year.
Withdrawing your application
If you decide that you no longer wish to be considered for this vacancy please log into your account, select the vacancy and then choose 'withdraw application'.
Requests for feedback
We are firmly focused on maintaining fair and non-discriminatory recruitment practices and policies. We understand the importance of our duty as an employer to go the extra mile in order to be sure you are treated fairly, even if your application is ultimately unsuccessful.
If you would like feedback on any application you make, please contact us via email: email@example.com