Working for the council
The council is made up of four departments:
- Adult Social Care, Health and Housing
- Children, Young People and Learning
- Corporate Services
- Environment, Culture and Communities
These departments are supported by the Chief Executive's Office.
The council plan
We offer a range of benefits to staff (eligibility criteria and conditions apply) including:
- flexible working (dependent upon the nature of work)
- buy, sell or bank leave
- pension scheme
- professional fees
- childcare vouchers
- shopping vouchers
- money off deals
- leisure centre membership
- sports and social club
- private health cover
- dental insurance (Denplan)
- on-site massage
- car loans
- health promotions
Further details are available on appointment.
Are you interested in working in Local Government?
If you are looking into working in local government, have a look at the Plotr Local Government Career 'World' to see which role might suit you. You can play the game to find out your talents and skills for work.