Youth Service volunteers
The youth service is committed to providing quality developmental opportunities for young people. Volunteers increase the range of opportunities we are able to provide.
Types of activities volunteers can become involved in:
- help in youth clubs
- run a 12 week skills/physical programme for those involved in the Duke of Edinburgh’s (DofE) award
- help on off site trips by driving the mini bus
- teach navigation skills
- help with the DofE kit store / giving of kit
- participate in the young inspectors programme (U18’s)
Some general information about who can volunteer and the benefits of becoming a volunteer:
- age 18 to 21 and over (depending on the age of club members)
- in some cases young people 16 to18
- experience is not essential, other than for the DofE award
- training and support is provided for all volunteers
- depending on the activity opportunities can be regular or occasional.
Some reasons why you should volunteer:
- help in the community
- give something back
- share your skills
- gain new skills
How to apply
Please complete the youth volunteer application form (PDF, 225kb) and send to the following address:
Quality Assurance and Training Manager
7 Portman Close
You will need to attend an informal interview and complete a DBS form (formerly CRB).
Please contact us for further information on volunteering.