Do I need to submit a planning application?
Under planning regulations, mobile homes are classified as caravans, and not as dwellinghouses. This means mobile homes do not have permitted development rights and a planning application must be submitted for any development.
Common examples of development to your mobile home that need the submission of a planning application include (but is not limited to):
- any extension to an existing mobile home, including porches
- outbuildings, including summer houses and garden sheds of any size
- other garden structures including pergolas and garden parasols fixed to the ground
- children’s play equipment that is fixed to the ground
- driveways, patio areas and the laying of gravel
- decking and access steps of any size
- siting of fixed containers, such as for gas storage
Failure to submit a planning application may result in the Local Planning Authority (Bracknell Forest Council) or Warfield Park Homes management taking action to remove the offending development.