Skip to main content

Do I need to submit a planning application?

Under planning regulations, mobile homes are classified as caravans, and not as dwellinghouses. This means mobile homes do not have permitted development rights and a planning application must be submitted for any development.

Common examples of development to your mobile home that need the submission of a planning application include (but is not limited to):

  • any extension to an existing mobile home, including porches
  • outbuildings, including summer houses and garden sheds of any size
  • other garden structures including pergolas and garden parasols fixed to the ground
  • children’s play equipment that is fixed to the ground
  • driveways, patio areas and the laying of gravel
  • decking and access steps of any size
  • siting of fixed containers, such as for gas storage

Failure to submit a planning application may result in the Local Planning Authority (Bracknell Forest Council) or Warfield Park Homes management taking action to remove the offending development.

Contact Information

Customer services

Make an enquiry