Skip to main content

Other benefits

You may be eligible to claim certain state benefits from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) depending on your individual circumstances.

The type of benefit you may be entitled to will depend on various factors such as whether or not you are working, whether you are unable to work due to sickness, if you have a disability, your age, if you have children living with you, and if you are caring for someone.

Such benefits include:

  • Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Carer's Allowance
  • Personal Independence Payment or Disability living Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Universal Credit

To find out about these benefits or any other benefits that you may be entitled to visit GOV.UK - benefits.

You may be able to claim Tax Credits if you have children and/or are working. To find out if you qualify for either Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit go to the Tax credit calculator.

Contact information

Welfare and Housing Service

Make an enquiry