Skip to main content

Universal Credit and council tax

Universal Credit will include any housing costs you are entitled to, but it doesn’t include financial help for council tax.

You may be eligible to receive council tax reduction. This is means tested and so the amount you receive will depend on how much Universal Credit you get plus any other income or benefits.

Contact information

Welfare and Housing Service

Make an enquiry