What can be collected as a bulky item?
As a general rule we will not collect anything that the average family would not ordinarily take if they moved house.
We have now reinstated the collection of mattresses, please leave outside for 48 hours and cover or wrap before collection.
We would normally collect bulky household items such as:
- carpets (please cut and roll into manageable sizes and place in a secure bag)
- household electrical items - fridges and freezers must be empty
- mattresses (please leave out for 48 hours and cover or wrap if possible)
- sofas and armchairs (please place any loose cushions in a secured bag)
We do not collect:
- DIY, construction and demolition waste
- fitted kitchens, bathroom suites, internal doors
- garden sheds, fences and greenhouses
- garden waste
- items that are over saturated or unsanitary
- any waste from a business premises
The council has absolute discretion as to what it will and will not take as 'bulky waste'.