‘Smartie Pants’ nappy incentive scheme
The council is offering parents the chance to claim £30 for going ‘green’ and using washable nappies.
To qualify for the payment:
- you must be a resident of Bracknell Forest Borough
- your child must be under 18 months old
- you must be the child’s parent or legal guardian
- you must use the payment to go towards the cost of purchasing reusable nappies or towards the weekly cost of a nappy washing service
- you can only make 1 claim per child
Random checks may be made to check the eligibility of your claim. If you are found to have falsely claimed the subsidy you will be asked to repay the full amount.
To prove your entitlement you must supply:
- a copy of your child’s birth certificate
And one of the following:
- a recent detailed receipt or receipts clearly showing the purchase of reusable nappies to the total value of £30 or more
- an invoice, or invoices, to the total value of £30 or more, or a signed compliments slip from a nappy washing service
- signed confirmation from a health professional - on the reverse of the application form there is a blank form which can be signed the next time you see your health visitor
To apply for the £30 incentive, fill in the application form below and return it together with your evidence using the online form.
Visit the Nappy Library
If you are unsure where to start and want more information, or want to see what the nappies are like, why not visit the Nappy Library in Reading?
They have a selection of nappies and accessories to try so you can work out which is best for you and your baby.