Marriage and civil partnership certificate copies
Customer update on coronavirus
Ordering of all copy certificates has been suspended until further notice.
We provide copies of marriage and civil partnership certificates where they occurred in our district.
Registers we hold
This district was formerly known as Easthampstead or Bracknell. It includes Sandhurst and North Ascot and up until 1998 included Sunningdale and South Ascot.
We hold the registers for:
- all marriages held in the register office in Bracknell between 1837 and 1937
- all marriages held in the register office or Syrett Suite in Bracknell since 1 April 1967
- all marriages held in approved premises in the Bracknell Forest district since 1995
- all marriages held in churches (of any denomination) in the Bracknell Forest district since 1837 (the district includes the parishes of: Binfield, Bracknell, Cranbourne, Crowthorne, Easthampstead, Owlsmoor, Warfield, Winkfield and the Military Chapel at RMA Sandhurst)
- all civil partnerships registered in the Bracknell Forest district since December 2005
Most churches have their own registers and these are only deposited at the register office when they are completed (this may take several years). When we do not hold the register, applications should be made to the vicar or authorised person at the church concerned.
You may use our standard or priority service for certificate copies.
Standard Service - £11 per copy
Your certificate will be ready within 15 working days and will be sent to you by 2nd class post.
Priority Service - £35 per copy - suspended until further notice
Your certificate will be ready for collection from Time Square within 24 hours of ordering, or on the next working day if ordered on a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday. Alternatively, we can send it to you by 1st class post.
Terms and conditions
Payment is required in full before any certificate can be issued.
Please note that once the certificate has been posted, it is no longer the responsibility of the council and all claims for missing items should be addressed to Royal Mail directly.
How to find us
We are based at Time Square.