Skip to main content

How do I convert?

Couples are now able to convert their civil partnership to a marriage. This includes all civil partnerships registered according to the law of England and Wales (for example in a consulate or armed forces base overseas).

There are 2 ways to convert a civil partnership into a marriage:

  • a simple administrative process called a 'standard conversion'
  • a 2 stage process where the conversion is followed by a ceremony

Contact information

Bracknell Forest Register Office

Make an enquiry