Skip to main content

Standard conversion

This is a simple administrative process where you will both attend an appointment at any register office, and fill in a declaration with details about you and your civil partner. The documents that you will need are:

  • evidence of your name and date of birth - current passports or birth certificates
  • evidence of your address - recent council tax, utilities bill, or recent bank statement
  • an original civil partnership certificate

A legal declaration will then be drawn up for you to both sign along with the Superintendent Registrar.

If you wish you can choose to say the declaration wording aloud to one another before signing the conversion document. Your marriage is then registered and a marriage certificate will be issued.

There is a charge of £4 for each marriage certificate.

Contact information

Bracknell Forest Register Office

Make an enquiry