What do I need?
Proof of name, age and nationality
If you are a British Citizen and have a current valid passport, this is sufficient as proof of your name, age and nationality.
If you do not have a current valid passport, you will need to provide:
- a full birth certificate
- if you were born after 01/01/1983, you will need to provide a parent’s British birth certificate (if you parents were not married or in a civil partnership at the time of your birth, then it must be your mother’s birth certificate)
- if using your birth certificate only, we require sight of some other form of photo ID eg driving licence
If you were not born in the UK, a current, valid passport or ID card is essential.
Proof of your address
You must provide proof of your address, for example:
- bank statement dated in the last month
- utility bill dated within the last three months
- council tax statement dated within the last year
- mortgage statement dated within the last year
- photo driving licence
You may also need to provide:
- original decree absolute divorce papers (if applicable)
- if divorce is in a foreign language a translation is required
- death certificate for former spouse (if applicable)
- change of name papers (if applicable)
- parental consent (if under 18)
Please be aware that failure to produce the required documents may result in the notice not being taken.