Food safety inspections
The council carries out regular checks on all food premises to make sure the public is protected and that high standards are maintained.
Inspections take place on a frequency determined by the perceived risk in each premises. These inspections make sure that:
- risks have been identified
- staff are adequately trained
- the condition and cleanliness of the premises meets required standards
- At the time of each inspection, businesses are assessed for:
- compliance with food safety controls
- suitability of structure and equipment
- the ability of the business to maintain good standards
If you have any concerns about food safety at particular premises please use our enquiry form.