Skip to main content

Who can make a representation?

If you want to object to an application you must make a 'representation' to the licensing authority by the closing date.

Any person may make a relevant representation against a licence application.

A person cannot make representations anonymously. This is because, for example, the licensing authority needs to be satisfied that the person making the representation is not being vexatious. It is also important that the person applying can respond to a representation.

If the person making a representation or request for review is concerned about possible intimidation, they could consider asking the police, or another appropriate responsible authority to make a representation on their behalf.

Contact information

Customer services

Make an enquiry