Costs for businesses
Fees vary depending on the number of employees a business has. Please note the fee is per premises.
The initial application fee for new members is:
- 1 to 5 employees - £129.17 plus VAT
- 6 to 20 employees - £170.83 plus VAT
- 21+ employees - £212.50 plus VAT
Application fees (non refundable) should be paid when you apply. This is to cover the administration and printing costs of the scheme.
In addition, once the business has successfully completed the application process, there is an annual fee of:
- 1 to 5 employees - £258.33 plus VAT
- 6 to 20 employees - £387.50 plus VAT
- 21+ employees - £516.67 plus VAT
Paying the fee
If you have internet banking, you can pay directly to West Berkshire Council, using the following details:
- West Berkshire District Council
- account name: West Berkshire District Council, Income and Clearing account
- sort code: 60-15-07.
- bank account number: 65453441
Please ensure that you quote '27051 T090W' as the reference.
Applicants who work in other people’s homes will also have to obtain and pay for a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS, used to be CRB). These will cost approximately £25 per check. For further information please visit the Disclosure Scotland website.